Making learners and citizens the leaders of educational and social innovation
This is the goal of the 14th edition of the ePIC conference that will take place in Bologna 26-28 October 2016. We want to open up technology and put it at the service of educational and social innovation. We want to think deeply about technology - not just its surface and trends but its newest ideas and applications - and technology to be the key to open up social innovation itself: open it up to new viewpoints and new paths. ePIC is a community of innovators, and here is everything we are asking you to help out with, and everyone we feel would be a great asset for this #openEpic community.
We are looking for contributions on the following themes:
- Opening up Education: educating social innovators
- Teacher education, continuing education, competency based education, open educational practices (e.g. open assessment…), accreditation of prior learning
- Opening up Lifelong Learning: empowering social innovators
- Informal and experiential learning, self-directed learning, peer learning, individual and community learning, learning without grades...
- Opening up Credentials: enabling P2P credentials
- recognition, assessment and accreditation of learning achievements, key competencies and 21st century skills, peer assessment, endorsement
- Opening up Workplace Development
- education to employment, talent pipelines, talent management, team building, workforce adjustment
- Opening up Employment: enabling social entrepreneurs
- entrepreneurship, self-employment, social entrepreneurship
- Opening up Culture: enabling rich identities
- art education and practice, food and wine education and practice, folk cultures, learning in a global world, learning from developing worlds, learning from migrants and refugees
- Opening up Cities and Governments: enabling active citizenship
- civic engagement, open democracy, cities of learning, social integration, social responsibility, citizenship, refugees, migrants, youth at risk
- Opening up Healthcare: enabling a healthy society
- healthcare education and practice, humanitarian learning and development, personal healthcare records
- Opening up Technologies: enabling an open society
- open knowledge, open data, open source, open access, open architectures, open platforms tools and infrastructures
- Opening up Markets: enabling responsible consumers
- fair trade, educated consumer, Vendor Relationship Management (VRM)
Presenters are invited to submit abstracts for research papers, workshops, case studies, work in progress, hands-on activities, position papers, presentations and posters on one or more of the abovementioned themes in relation to ePortfolios, Open Badges, Personal Ledgers, Identities, Trust and Blockchains.
Submissions that do not make clear references to one of the themes AND either ePortfolios, Open Badges, Personal Ledgers, Identities, Trust or Blockchains will not be considered for review.
|Mai 30, 2016||Submission deadline of abstracts|
|June 20, 2016||Author notification|
|August 22, 2016||Author registration deadline*|
|October 26, 27, 28 October, 2016||Conference|
|November 1 2016||Start of the open authoring and review process|
* Once the abstracts are accepted, authors need to register as a presenter in order to be included in the conference programme.
- When? Conference dates are 26-27-28 October 2016.
- Where? The conference takes place in Bologna (Italy) in the beautiful venue of Opificio Golinelli
- Programme? A complete version of the programme will be available by the end of June 2016, after the review of submissions.
- How to participate? You can register to the conference as a delegate or presenter. Presenters have to submit a contribution.
- How to submit a contribution? Details of the call for contributions are available here.
- Costs? Presenters pay a reduced registration fee and there is an early bird discount when registering before 1 September 2016.
- Where to stay? Delegates and speakers have to take care of their own accommodation.
- Access? Bologna is easy to reach by plane, train or car. The conference venue is only 4km away from the airport.
- Exhibition and sponsorship opportunities: for exhibition and sponsorship please contact email@example.com.